As an Executive Coach working with a range of clients from different organisations and backgrounds, I am confident that I can share with you my following expertise:
- Personal effectiveness coaching including Chairing and meetings management; keynote / presentation and profile-building skills; communications, negotiations, and influencing skills.
- Career and leadership development coaching including strategic thinking, leading and supporting teams, and self-managing careers.
- Business management effectiveness including supporting business growth, dealing with staff / management team performance issues, and working effectively with Board members and other senior colleagues.
- Personal self-awareness and impact including developing inner-confidence, emotional / spiritual awareness, and self-fulfillment in work and in life.
A key theme or challenge facing senior leaders is the ability to cope with extreme stress and change. I support people like you identify their innate individual characteristics and ability to cope. I can support you with the development of those thinking and behavioural skills that facilitate emotional control, appropriate stress responses, and an improved empathy, understanding and connectivity with colleagues and clients alike.
This level of self-awareness and authentic ‘self-control’ also supports better quality decision-making and risk-taking, and of course, is able to deliver better outcomes for you.
As an Executive Coach, I’m well aware that my clients also benefit from having an honest, challenging and confidential relationship where they can express themselves without fear or judgement. As one senior leader said to me recently, “one’s own position power can sometimes be a barrier to honest feedback from others”.
As a team leader or senior manager or executive, you also have a responsibility to sustain organisational resilience in the face of what could be seen as the occasional ‘melt-down’ when things become unstable or critical incidences happen.
In a recent Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Research Insight Paper, resilience is a defined as “… a sense of recovery and rebounding, despite adversity or change… the successful adaptation to life tasks in the face of social disadvantage or highly adverse conditions.”
To help you in your development as a resilient senior leader, I utilise two key tools for your own self-assessment:
- firstly, if you haven’t already completed a psychometric assessment that explains your basic personality type, then as a qualified practitioner, I can provide you with your MBTI step 1 analysis, and
- secondly, I also highly recommend you undertake your Motivational MapTM assessment which is designed to identify what makes you tick at work in terms of your key motivational drivers, without which you’d hardly want to get out of bed in the morning!
So why is Executive Coaching so important? At the end of the day ‘bog standard’ leadership just won’t cut the mustard! Senior leaders and business owners who ‘think and act outside the leadership box’ is what’s required in order to secure a sustainable and profitable future for their organisations.
This is about more than ‘ticking boxes’… it’s about your legacy, your performance and business profitability.
Here are some of my thoughts, read and see whether you agree: “Leading in Challenging Times”
To download more information about Motivational Maps, click here.